The RVL Power Management System Lite is designed to offer all the necessitates of building a professional Wii Portable on a budget. This compact board handles all your power needs by combining battery management and voltage regulation onto a single board. The RVL-PMS-Lite version features all the features of the RVL-PMS-2, with the only exceptions being the 1.8v regulator and the fuel gauge.
RVL-PMS-Lite integrates popular PMS functions to improve your portable. Built-in U10 emulation allows the PMS 2 to operate as a replacement for the U10.
COOL AND QUIET
The thermal monitoring has been upgraded to include fan speed controls. The PMS-Lite monitors the temperature of your portable through a thermocouple, and adjusts the fan speed accordingly, allowing it to find the sweet spot of cool and quiet.
SMARTER THAN EVER
RVL-PMS-Lite can operate independently of the Wii. But it also has the ability to communicate with the Wii over i2C using custom software, opening a world of versatility. On-screen indicators can display battery level and charging status in game. Using RVLoader on the Wii allows you to configure the PMS 2 right on your portable. You can change your charging parameters, calculate remaining battery life or time to charge, set the power button/switch behavior, monitor internal temperature, update your firmware, and more, all from within software on your portable.
Nobody is perfect, and sometimes a late night session ends with a wire going where it shouldn't. The new built in reverse polarity protection provides a safety net against some of the most common wiring mistakes. While these new protections will not protect you from ALL user error, they might just save you from an unexpected encounter with magic smoke.
SMALLER AND CLEANER
The New PMS features the same size and footprint as the PMS-2, making them interchangeable on most builds. It also features castellated pads along the edges. These pads can be soldered to directly, or soldered wire-free onto boards of your own design using our open-source footprints. Building a tidy, highly integrated portable has never been easier.
GREAT ALONE, BETTER TOGETHER
Pairing the RVL-PMS with an RVL-PD opens the door for more features, such as internal flash storage, and USB C Power Delivery for high speed charging. While not required, the two were specifically designed to work seamlessly together to give your portable that professional polish it deserves.
- High Efficiency 1v, 1.15v, 3.3v, and 5v regulators. While 1.8v regulators are not present, 1.8v can be obtained from the LDO located on the trimmed motherboard
- Simultaneous charge and play functionality
- Battery Protections: Over-voltage, under-voltage, current limit, reverse polarity
- Integrated battery management and charging circuitry
- Compatible with any 1S Lithium-ion battery configuration
- Compatible with both cylindrical Li-Ion and flat Li-Po packs
- Configurable charge speed with input power up to 15V 3A (45 Watts)
- Input power up to 15V 3A (45 Watts)
- Thermal probe for safety shutdown and temperature controlled fan speed
- Voltage based battery level approximation
- Addressable RGB led output for battery level and charge status
- U10 emulation
- 32mm x 35mm
- Castellated edges for modular design integration
- Complete integration with RVLoader
- On-screen display of info such as battery level
- Firmware upgradable straight through RVLoader
- Detailed info on Wii's temperature, battery status, battery health, and more
- Configurable power switch behavior (Momentary or toggle)
- Configurable battery parameters, including max voltage and max charging current
1x WS2812 THT LED
To update your PMS-Lite, copy the "pms2_lite.bin" file onto the root of your RVLoader USB drive. Use the c-stick to navigate to the settings menu and click on firmware update under the Power tab. The PMS-Lite will now take a few seconds to update.
Make sure file is named as "pms2_lite.bin"
v1.2 - Enabled fan PID tuning -Added LED intensity control -Added support for WS2812B addressable LEDs -Improved battery state of charge estimation on PMS lite -Implemented potentiometer input for RVLAMP volume control